At Adobe, we’re focused on bringing together the smartest, most driven, diverse set of individuals and give them the freedom to nurture their intellectual curiosity. We provide them with the necessary resources and support to shape their ideas into tangible results.
Through the Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship, we are striving towards creating gender equality in science, technology and engineering domains by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become future leaders and role models in the field.
Our 2019 Scholars:
THE SCHOLARSHIP WILL COVER:
- Fund toward tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s university education ending in academic year 2019-20.
- Opportunity for Summer Internship at Adobe India in 2019*.
- Mentoring by a senior technology leader from Adobe.
- Travel to Grace Hopper Conference India, including participation fees.
To be eligible for the 2019 Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Indian female citizen student
- Must be enrolled as a full time student in a formal technology 4 year BE / B.Tech education program or an Integrated ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute at the time of applying and should be completing the program in Academic year 2019-20.
- Should be pursuing a Major or Minor in the following streams: Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing
- May apply to ONLY ONE of the following two Scholarships – Adobe India Women-In-Technology Scholarship OR the Adobe Global Women In Technology Scholarship.
- Anyone who is a “related party” to an Adobe employee is not eligible to apply.
Definition of Related Party – Any person having the following relationship to an Adobe employee: spouse, domestic partner, child, parent, sibling, child-in-law, parent-in-law, or sibling-in-law; any other relative or person who lives in the household of an Adobe employee.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications must be submitted through our dedicated application portal which opened on September 15th, 2018 and will close on October 16th, 2018.
Click here to access the application portal.
No emailed applications will be accepted.
Applications must include:
- Essays: Expect to answer short essay type questions
- Letter of Recommendation from a Professor
- Academic transcripts from your current and past institutions
- More details are posted on the application portal.
Application deadline: October 16th, 2018
Q: Is there a limit to the number of applications that can come from a single university or department?
Q: How will the letter of recommendation be submitted?
A: Details will be provided on the portal.
Q: When is the deadline for the letter of recommendation?
A: One week after the application deadline.
Q: Will I be able to update my scholarship application once I submit?
A: Yes, changes can be made up until the submission deadline.
Q: Do transcripts need to be official transcripts signed by the registrar?
A: Not when you apply. At a later stage in the selection process, official transcript signed by the registrar will be asked.
Q: What instructions will my recommender need to know?
A: Recommendation letter will need to address the following points:
– How long have they known the applicant and in what capacity
– Does the applicant belong to the top 5, 10, or 20 percent of the students they have taught
– Assess the applicant on:
- Intellectual and analytic strengths
- Technical skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ambition and initiative
- Ability to work on a team
Q: Can Master’s students apply?
A: Yes, if pursuing Dual Degree as explained under Eligibility Criteria.
*Terms and Conditions
- Only Indian female nationals studying in Indian universities are eligible to apply.
- Internship, if selected, will be offered at Adobe India office. Terms & conditions of internships for India interns will apply.
- If selected for this scholarship, the winner will not be eligible for any other scholarships from Adobe for the same year.
- Adobe’s decision will be final in all matters.