At Adobe, we’re focused on bringing together the smartest, most driven, diverse set of individuals and give them the freedom to nurture their intellectual curiosity. We provide them with the necessary resources and support to shape their ideas into tangible results.
Through the Adobe India Women in Technology Scholarship, we are striving towards creating gender equality in the science and engineering domain by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become future leaders and role models in the field.
We’re now accepting applications for our Adobe India Women in Technology Scholarship 2018.
THE SCHOLARSHIP WILL COVER:
Internship at Adobe India in 2018*.
Collaboration and mentoring for Bachelors of Technology Project (BTP).
Tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s B. Tech/ Dual Degree (B.Tech, M. Tech) university education: 1 or 2 years.
Travel to Grace Hopper Conference India, including participation fees.
Travel to conference for one author if any paper gets accepted at a conference based on Adobe internship/BTP collaboration. Pre-approval by Adobe required.
An Adobe India-wide program will be arranged for felicitation of these Scholarship winners.
To be eligible for the 2018 Adobe India Women in Technology Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
· Be an Indian female citizen student currently enrolled at an Indian university for the 2017-2018 academic year.
· Intend to be enrolled as a full-time student at a university for the 2018-2019 academic year either in B. Tech or Dual Degree B. Tech/M. Tech
· Academic transcripts from your current and/or past institution · One reference from a Professor (reference letter should be sent by Professor to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning the Student’s name in the Subject line of the Email)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there a limit to the number of applications that can come from a single university or department?
Q. How will the references be collected?
A. Ensure your professors send their recommendations to email@example.com along with your full name by 30th October 2017.
Q. When is the deadline for letters of recommendation?
A. All letters must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th October 2017. Please follow up and ensure your references have submitted them on time.
Q. Will I be able to update my scholarship application once I submit?
A. Unfortunately, you will not be able to update submitted applications.
Q. Do transcripts need to be official transcripts signed by the registrar?
A. No, they do not need to be signed by the registrar.
Q. What instructions will my references need to know?
A. Please inform your references that their recommendation letter will need to address the following questions:
– How long have they known you (the applicant) and how did you meet
– Does the applicant belong to the top 5, 10, or 20 percent of the students they have taught
– Assess the applicant’s assessment based on:
– Intellectual and analytic strengths
– Technical skills – ability to think creatively
– Ambition and initiative
– Ability to work in a team
Q. Can Master’s students apply?
A. Yes. Dual Degree students.
Essential Tips for the Statement of Purpose (SOP)
The document should cover the three sections described below. The SOP should describe you (the applicant), your motivation towards your current academic field, and the direction you would like to pursue. Supporting information about prior projects is encouraged.
Part 1: About yourself (Be Brief)
· Introduce yourself
· What is that one attribute/trait/characteristic of yours that you want to draw attention to, and why is that important?
· Where you draw inspiration from and what motivates/interests you?
Part 2: What are your interests in the field of technology? (Elaborate)
· What is the area/theme of your interest in the field of technology?
· Ideally pose a question and define a problem in that area of interest.
· How would you like to address that problem?
· Related research problems, new and/or improvements in technology that you envision.
· What resources (technology and others) would you seek from Adobe to solve that problem, if any?
Part 3: Summarize your experiences and accomplishments in key projects:
· The title of the project, start & end date, your mentors/collaborators in the project
· Your responsibilities, accomplishments (including anything scholarly), lessons learned
· Write technically, or in the style of your discipline.
· Mention any work/internship experience, especially if you had any kind of responsibility for testing, designing or researching
· Be concise. Essays should be approximately 500 to 1,000 well-selected words (1-2 single space pages in 12-point font) – this is better than more words with less clarity and poor organization.
· The review committee will read between the lines. They will look for self-motivation and competence.
· Emphasize everything from a positive perspective and write in an active, not a passive voice.
· Demonstrate your thoughts by providing examples; don’t just say that you’re a persistent person, show it.
· If you faced personal challenges, write it affirmatively, showing your perseverance in academics despite obstacles.
*Terms and Conditions
· Only Indian nationals studying in Indian universities are eligible to apply.
· Internship offered at Adobe India office. Terms & conditions of internships for India interns will apply.
· If selected for this scholarship, the winner will not be eligible for any other scholarships from Adobe for the same year.
· Adobe holds the rights to revoke/cancel the scholarship offer to any applicant without prior notice.